VETIQ STOOL REPEL TABLETS
Coprophagia is a behavioural condition whereby puppies and dogs consume their own stool. It is a common habit in some dogs which can be distressing for the pet owner and unhygienic for the pet.
VetIQ Stool Repel tablets have been specially formulated to help deter this behaviour by making the dogs own stool unpalatable to eat. VetIQ Stool Repel contains Oleoresin Capsicum, a lachrymatory agent, which deters a puppy or dog from eating its own stool by causing a mild irritation to the eyes and a mild burning sensation if the stool is eaten. It also contains the enzyme Alpha-Amylase which breaks down starches, improving the animal's digestive performance. VetIQ Stool Repel functions within the intestine by making your dog's stool less tasty, therefore, it will not deter dogs from eating other dogs stool.
Bear in mind Stool Repel will not stop the eating of other dogs/animals faeces out on walks.
- Helps eliminate stool eating.
- Makes stool less palatable.
- Suitable for puppies from 12 weeks.
- B Vitamins to help maintain a stronger immune system and healthier skin and coat.
Coprophagia in dogs (consumption of own stools)
Coprophagia, however unpleasant is not an abnormal behaviour for a dog. Many puppies go through a developmental phase in which they taste, explore and ingest a variety of non-food items including faeces. This behaviour can arise due to a number of reasons. For example, to seek attention, due to hunger or as a result of parental behaviour.
What else can be done?
- Feed your dog a high quality, premium diet to reduce the amount of waste resembling husk.
- Use VetIQ Stool Repel in your pets daily diet, Stool Repel has been specially formulated to help deter this behaviour.
- Discard of waste regularly. By removing waste there is a decreased risk of dogs consuming their faeces.
- Teach your dog to leave. Training classes can help with this.
Remember to worm your dog regularly as stool eating can lead to parasitic problems and this could affect your dog.